Teenager Allegedly Kill 2Yr Old Boy, Harvests Organs In Cross River

The reported incident of a teenager allegedly killing a two-year-old boy in Ikang Town, Bakassi Local Government Area of Cross River State, is truly tragic and deeply disturbing.

The details provided paint a horrifying picture of the events leading to the child’s death, with the discovery of the lifeless body and the evident signs of violence. The anguish of the mother and the shock of the community members witnessing such a gruesome scene must be immense.

The swift response of neighbors in apprehending the suspect demonstrates a collective effort to seek justice for the innocent victim and to ensure that the perpetrator is held accountable for their actions. However, resorting to violence or torture, as mentioned in the report, is never justified and only serves to perpetuate further harm.

Handing over the suspect to the authorities was the right course of action, and it’s reassuring to know that the police have launched an investigation into the matter. It’s crucial for law enforcement to thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding this heinous crime and bring those responsible to justice.

This tragic incident underscores the importance of community vigilance and cooperation in safeguarding the well-being of all members, especially the vulnerable. It’s a stark reminder of the need for continuous efforts to address underlying social issues and promote a culture of empathy and respect within communities.

According to eyewitnesses, the suspect is a neighbour of the mother of the baby.

“The mother of the two year old boy usually drops off her son in the laundry shop where her son was murdered. Every market day (Monday and Friday) she takes the boy to her neighbor’s laundry shop so she can go to the market for her business. But on this sad day, she came back to pick up her son but she couldn’t find him. She asked people around but no one seemed to answer her. So she went to the laundry shop, scattered the piled up clothes only to find her son lying lifeless and with blood everywhere,” an eyewitness narrated.


The scream of the already-dead baby’s mother alerted neighbours who rushed into the shop.


“We saw a knife close to the piles of clothes. It looks like what was used to kill the child,” another witness said.

The screaming and knife found in the shop led to a massive search for the suspect who was caught while attempting to abscond to an unknown destination.

After several hours of torture and beatings, the suspect refused to speak up. He was later handed over to the police who promised detailed follow-up.

“The police and army came to the scene. So we have handed him over to the security agencies but we will follow up on this matter so that things like this don’t happen in our community again.”

The Bakassi Divisional Police Office is said to have confirmed the incident, disclosing that a team of police detectives from the division were dispatched to the scene where the suspect was arrested, and the corpse removed for police investigation.