Nollywood actress, Mimi Orjiekwe clears the air, debunks police arrest, N700m fraud allegation and sues Michael Diongoli for ”cyber harassment”

Nollywood actress, Mimi Orjiekwe, has debunked the news of a police arrest that was circulated on social media over a 700 million naira fraud allegation by UK-Dion’s Mr Michael Diongoli.

It was widely reported that the actress was in the custody of the Nigerian Police over Michael Diongoli’s allegations, but her legal team has revealed that both the purported arrest and 700 million naira claim were untrue.

According to a tweet by Mimi’s lawyer, Barr Chino Obiagwu SAN on Wednesday July 26, Mimi only visited the Special Fraud Unit of the Ikoyi police station at the invitation of the police based on allegations made by Mr. Michael Diongoli, who bought furniture from her Interior decoration company, FBM Homes in 2021.

Recall, ⬇️

“Despite S 8(2) of Admin criminal justice act 2015, policeng continues to arrest & Detain suspects on matters boarding on civil transactions.  Lately, my client, actress and interior designer MimiOrjiekweng was invited by SFU on a contract dispute. policeng impunity must end now.” Obiagwu wrote

In a statement released by Barr. Obiagwu, he explained that Diongoli, who has allegedly refused to pay an outstanding of 89 million naira for storage and clearance charges, allegedly resorted to using the police to intimidate his client so that he will collect the goods without paying.

Read Obiagwu’s statement below…

‘’Mr. Diongoli claimed that Mimi refused to supply the furniture he paid for and that he was defrauded. He also falsely claimed that the contract was for 700 million naira when actually it was for 472 million naira.

‘’At the police station, Mimi was said to have explained that the civil transaction between her and Mr. Diongoli was purely contractual and outside the criminal jurisdiction of the police.

‘’Meanwhile, FBM Homes couldn’t complete the installation of the furniture at Diongoli’s because her workers were asked to leave the site, following the confiscation of the building by EFCC and Interpol.