A student of the Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State, Job Alawari-Kei, has reportedly slumped and died after overdosing on a popular synthetic illicit drug known as Colorado. A student who spoke under anonymity with local media said the deceased young male, a 300-level student in the Department of Gas and Petroleum Engineering, was celebrating a recent breakthrough on an Internet fraud deal with his friends when he accidentally consumed an an excess of the illicit drug that subsequently killed him.
Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Asinim Butswat, said the remains of the deceased have been deposited at the hospital for autopsy, while an investigation has been launched into the matter.
In her statement, Butswat said, “On May 3 2023 at about 2200 hours, one Job Alawari Kei ‘m’ 19, a student of the Petroleum and Gas Engineering Department of Federal University Otuoke, slumped after intake of illicit substances.
“He was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead. The corpse has been deposited at the Hospital for autopsy. An investigation is ongoing.”