The Russian authorities are probing the sudden death of a 22-year-old woman who d!ed during buttock enlargement surgery by an ‘unqualified’ beautician who was her ‘friend
The woman identified as Mika Shabasova was undergoing the procedure when she d!ed ‘ten minutes after she was administered local anaesthetic’ for the procedure.
She was dead before an ambulance arrived at the ‘home surgery’ of cosmetologist Uma M, who is now under house arrest.
The beautician reportedly offered the £154 procedure after she studied on a ‘two week course.’ She told state investigators in Makhachkala that she had repeatedly anaesthetised the skin of the victim with lidocaine, a local anaesthetic.
She had asked Shabasova if she had any allergies, she said.
The beautician is described as a former waitress who had no license for cosmetic surgery yet was carrying out ‘lip, cheek and butt enlargements’.
‘The cause of d£ath will be established by a forensic medical examination,’ reported 112 media outlet.
The Russian Investigative Committee said: ‘A 22-year-old resident of Makhachkala, while visiting her friend, who performs cosmetic procedures at home, died on the spot after the administration of an anaesthetic.
‘Currently, all the circumstances of the incident are being established.’
A friend of the d£ad woman said he had urged Shabasova not to undergo the buttocks procedure, which the Uma M had advertised.
‘The beautician who was supposed to perform the operation, only recently received a certificate,’ he said. ‘She completed a two-week course and became a cosmetologist. Prior to that, she was doing lash extensions.’